Here are listed features of the user interface.
- Hovering over any portion of an individual’s entry will show you a preview of the notes associated with that data field. Note that you will see nothing if no notes have been set. An example here would be to hover over the death date of an individual.
- Clicking on the name of an individual will display a detail view for that individual. Click on their name in this view to return to the standard view, or click on any other name on the page to view the details of that person.
- Next to a spouse in a union there may appear ‘Δ’. This symbol indicates that the spouse has an up-line (parents) that you may view.
- At the end (or beginning if viewed in Internet Explorer) of each entry will be at least two buttons. The one with the graphic will display the up-line (parents) of the individual, with the individual appearing at the top of the page. The one will display the down-line of an individual. This will place the individual at the top of the page, and render their children.
- At the end (or beginning if viewed in Internet Explorer) of each Union entry there may be two extra buttons.
This will take you to the top of the spouse’s paternal line (very first father, through father).
This will take you to the top of the spouse’s maternal line (very first mother, through mother).
These buttons also appear at the top of the page, and will take you to the top person’s first father and mother respectively.
- To the right of most individuals will be displayed a ‘+’ or ‘-‘. Clicking on a ‘+’ will show you the tree structure below that person. Clicking on a’-‘ will hide everything below said person.
- Along the bottom of the page are three drop down boxes labeled “Style”, “Render”, and “Show”.
Style: This box allows you to change the look of the rendered data. The default is the colorful “vivid” style. Other options include “plain” and “light gray”.
Render: This box allows you to change the direction of rendering. “down” will render the children of the “root” individual. “up” will render the parents of the “root” person.
Show: This box allows you to quickly hide or show family lines.
“none” will display only the “root” person.
“all” will display everyone.
“matriarchal” will show the line through all the females.
“patriarchal” will show the line through all the males.
“path” is only visible if you are viewing a specific path from one individual to another. See the “Search” guide for more information.
Back to "Help: Home"